I came across the term “frustables” from an article by the renowned Thamizh writer Sujatha. It means “unanswerable imponderables” coined by David Feldman in his series of books on Imponderables.
Some of the brain-itching questions that are expertly scratched by the author in lighthearted short-take responses in his books are:
- Why Do Clocks Run Clockwise?
- Do Penguins Have Knees?
- How do astronauts scratch an itch?
- Why do you so often see one shoe lying on the side of the road?
- What happens to your Social Security number when you die?
- What that white stuff is on bubble gum?
- When do fish sleep?
- What are you hearing when you shake a lightbulb?
You are sure to find that figuring out these little silly tidbits is quite fun, entertaining and illuminating.
But there are still many frustrating frustables yet to be answered in our life!!
- Flock of freshers!
- Don’t rush the child.