This page dwells on the art of loving your fellow human beings genuinely. There is no better emotion than affection. Give dollops of Love all round. You get plentiful in return!
* Tell me often that you love me, through your actions and words. Don’t assume that I know it. I may look embarrassed and even deny it that I need that attention. But don’t believe me; Do it anyway!
* Compliment me often for jobs well done, and reassure me when I fail. Don’t take what I do for you for granted.
* Let me know when you feel low or lonely or misunderstood. Knowing that I have the power to comfort you makes me stronger. Remember though I love you, I can’t read your mind.
* Express joyous thoughts and feelings spontaneously. They bring vitality to our relationship. The world is full of delights and rich in possibilities. Allow the unplanned and unpredictable.
* Listen to me without judgment. Don’t tell me what I feel is insignificant or not real. It is my experience and therefore real to me.
* Let others know you value me. Public affirmation of our love makes me feel special and proud.
* Forgiveness often comes hard, especially when we can find no explanation for another person’s hurtful behaviour.
* Trust is impossible without truth. When there is no truth, there is no love. Even insignificant deceptions can lead to tangled webs of distrust.
* We must have as deep a respect for others’ attitudes and feelings as we do for our own.
* Often it is not the big problems that cause relationships to fail but a series of small things over a long period of time:
- little inconsiderate behaviours;
- thoughtless comments;
- words unspoken; or
- well intended acts that are constantly put off.
* We frequently treat casual acquaintances more thoughtfully than we do our loved ones. “Thank you”, “Please”, “I appreciate it”, “If you don’t mind” are ways to demo your love for another. Yes, understand that human mind longs for such overtures.
* We should create an environment of warmth and consideration for those we love, treating each other with dignity. We grow best in an atmosphere of thoughtfulness. Because there is nothing greater in life than loving another and being loved in return!
* “In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.”
~ Carl Sagan
* In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice.
~ Richard Bach, Illusions
* It’s better to lead with your dreams, than to be pushed by your problems.
~ John T. Dornbach
* Live never to be ashamed if anything you do or say is published around the world – even if what is published is not true.
~ Richard Bach, from Illusions