As nearly everyone knows, a Manager has particularly nothing to do except:
- To decide what is to be done
- To tell somebody to do it
- To listen to reasons
- Why it need not be done (or)
- Why it is not his job (or)
- Why it should be done in a different way, etc.
- To decide as to who should do it (the most ticklish part of the business)
- To follow up to see if the thing has been done
- To discover it has not been done
- To enquire why
- To listen to excuses
- To entrust it to someone else
- To discover that it has been done incorrectly
- To point out how it should have been done
- To find it to be of no avail
- To conclude that as long as it has been done,
- it may as well as be left alone.
- To wonder if it is not the right time to get rid of the people who cannot do a thing right.
- To reflect that each probably has a family and that, any successor would certainly be just as bad or may be worse!
- To consider how much simpler and better
the thing would have been done
if one had done it oneself
in the first place!
- To reflect sadly
That you could have done it right
in twenty minutes
what has taken
a couple of weeks
for somebody else
to do it wrong !