I wish to list the time-tested tips and motivational ideas to achieve success in life and also dwell on the wisdom handed down to us through generations to live in this planet in harmony with the fellow human beings and to give an insight into what makes success and how to achieve an all-round happiness in life!
Hope you’ll enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
- Your appointment with Life is this moment.
The place of appointment is here, this very place.
Make the best out of it!
- Each day is a Miracle!
- Each breath of wind
- Each flurry of snow
- Each bit of good news
- Savor them!
- You won’t be here forever!
~ Tom Peters.
- Life is a banquet and most damned fools prefer to starve!
- The principal business of life is to enjoy it!
~ Samuel Butler.
- Always behave like a duck: stay calm and unruffled on the surface, but paddle like the devil underneath!
- Do not feel guilty and refrain from voicing a firm “No” when “No” and “No” alone is the answer!
- We lose our spirit of Living because we are too busy existing.
- Stop Existing (or, muddling through); Start Living!
- Don’t hurry through your life. Take your time. Savor it. Engage it with your whole being.
- Who is a Friend? Someone with whom you dare to be yourself!
- “I ruined Time; now the time is ruining me!”
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
- Stop digging if you are already in a hole.
- We see things not as they are, but as we are.
- You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
- The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
- Either you try to find a way or make one!
- If you want to achieve excellence, quit doing less-than-excellent work.
- We are so much more than what we are.
- You are at once your own best friend and worst enemy too!
~ Bhagavat Gita.
- Never denigrate yourself.
- Play up your best points.
Put up a dignified and respectful appearance.
You’ll start believing in yourself.
- Let not the barks of puppies frighten you, not even the thunderbolts of heaven, but stand up and work!
~ Swami Vivekananda.
- What you think you are makes what you are.
- My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there.
- Cowards die many times before their deaths, but the valiant never taste death but once.
~ William Shakespeare.
- Every exit has an entry somewhere.
- The real measure of your wealth is how much you are worth when you lose all your money.
- Success is not in holding good cards, but in playing right with what you hold in hand.
- Life is like music; it must be composed by the ear, feeling and instinct, not by the rule.
~ Samuel Butler.
- I took the road less traveled by and that made all the difference.
~ Robert Frost.
- Those who stare at the past have their back turned to the future.
- Victory is what happens when 1000 hours of hard work meets with one moment of opportunity.
- If you want to achieve instant success, create a need and fill it!
- Trust only those who stand to lose as much as yourself when things go wrong!
- Climb the Everest within you!
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing!
~ Helen Keller.
- Do not fret over what is past and gone;
Live each day as if your life were just begun!
- I am the master of my fate.
I am the master of my soul!
- Only dead fish swim with the tide!
- Choose your enemies! A navigator never argues with an iceberg (Perhaps he has viewed Titanic!) – He avoids them!
- Never miss an opportunity to talk about you, your business, your ideas and how others can benefit out of your business. But don’t overdo it.
- Associate yourself with individuals who have influence and power to assist you in getting where you want to go.
- Be receptive to new ideas. Don’t have a closed mind and erect a wall about you.
- You can and should shape your own future; if you don’t, someone will surely will!
- Never carry a chip on your shoulder all the time. You have better things to do.
- A depressed person is different from a grieving person in that he refuses to work towards the light.
- The Tragic Triad!
- A negative assessment of self
- A negative assessment of environment
- A negative outlook about the future
~ Dr.Rangarajan, Psychiatrist, Malar Hospital, Chennai, India.
- The Law of Perseverance:
People who succeed never stop trying. People who stop trying never succeed.
- In every significant event there has been a bold leader, a shared vision, and, most often, an adversary.
~~ Fred Smith
- The qualities of a great man are:
- the power of articulation
- and profundity of character.
~~ Dwight D Eisenhower
- The mind is the limit.
As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it. As long as you really believe 100 percent!
~~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
- In skating over thin ice, our safety is in our speed.
~~Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
- “Don’t skate to the puck; skate to where it’s going.”
~~ Hockey legend Wayne Gretzky
- “In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be.”