- Expected toll revenue from the Sethusamudram project: Rs.87.42 crores per annum (2008)
- Haj subsidy: Rs. 180 crores (2006)
- Vidarbha farmer package: Rs 3,750 crore (PM Relief fund) + Rs 1,200 crore (State package)
Ah the unbounded joys of secularism and socialism.
- we are importing wheat in large quantities
- at a much higher price compared to domestic farmers
- massive loot going on within the PDS system
- fake currency has flooded the country
- industrial growth is slowing down
- no clear policy direction for growth in the face of rising rupee
- no significant progress in infrastructure projects
- our cities are bursting at the seams
- our children go hungry
- we have many intellectuals and rational people
- Resplendent toes!
- What the heck is Web 2.0