Yes. It happens to any one – be a writer or a blogger. You have been busy writing for quite a while, but suddenly found your mind hitting a blind alley. No inspiration! They call it a “Writers’ block” or, more appropriately, a “Blogger’s block”!
Pat B. Doyle has come up with a list of 23 “Great ideas” to help gird up your loins and start blogging with verve!
Here are the excerpts:-
- Write a book review.
- Review a product
- Review a popular blog or website about your topic.
- Make a list of available resources.
- Explain something about your subject that might be confusing to newbies.
- Tell why or how you first got interested in this topic.
- Do a review of a relatively unknown but good blog in your niche.
- Take a stand.
- Tell about some mistake that you made and what you learned from it.
- Do a case study.
- Conduct an experiment and tell the results.
- Do an analysis of something.
- Find some offbeat or weird website on your topic and link to it.
- Find a good video about your topic on YouTube, and embed it in your post.
- If you are a little more adventurous, create your own video post.
- Be different. Do something unexpected. State something which goes against popular opinion.
- Find a big topic and do a series of posts about it.
- Run a poll. After it is done, discuss the results.
- Interview someone and post the interview on your blog.
- Take something technical and explain it in a step-by-step way.
- Tell about a personal experience.
- Use humor.
- Make a list of something like this one!
I wish to add my own tip: if stuck with a block, start writing about it!
- Fakes are powerful
- Your world in a GAD