Today is “Pi” day!
(Picture courtesy Wikimedia)
Today (2010-03-14) Pi Day. As ardent geeks, let us celebrate the enigmatic number representing the ratio of circumference to diameter of a circle = 22/7 or 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445………………………….!
Today is also Albert Einstein’s birthday! What a great coincidence!
It is said that the true “randomness” of pi’s digits is yet to be proven.
Facts about PI (from Joy of Pi)
- Geometry: Half the circumference of a circle with a radius of 1 is exactly pi
- Record for calculation: 2.7 trillion digits (by Fabrice Bellard, December 2009)
- Record for memorization: 67,890 digits (by Chao Lu, 2005)
- How random? There are no occurences of the sequence 123456 in the first million digits of pi
- An young man put in a dilemma!
- Male dominated society!
Pingback: Digits Of Pi - Keada
Pingback: Digits Of Pi | VsCon