Here is a different point of view, far removed from what has been drummed into our ears over the whole generation!
- Jinna was earlier a proponent of Nationalism. He was a supporter of Lokamanya Tilak and even accepted Namdar Gokhale as his Guru.
- Jinna wanted to bring the muslims into the modern mainstream society minus their fundamentalist ideology. For the same he took the lead in Lucknow pact of 1916.
- In 1920 Jinna was the only Nationalist Muslim who opposed the Khilafat Movement
- Gandhi did not give the leadership of Muslim League to Jinna who was senior to even Gandhi himself; instead he made Mohammed Ali
- Jinna who was angered therefore demanded Pakistan in 1940.
I don’t know how much of it is true, but nevertheless it makes an interesting reading.
A detailed essay on this subject and on why Mohandas Gandhi was killed can be found here.
- The art of Simple Living
- Fakes are powerful